Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 25

Good things that happened today
1. Started the morning off at the gym
2. I am drinking a nonfat cinnamon latte, and it is actually really delicious
3. I ran a few errands, went to the registrar to get materials I need for my summer job.

Yesterday
1. I had a sitzprobe rehearsal from 2-5:30, then from 7 - 12:30. What happened during the sitzprobe rehearsal was the actors singing their parts with the live orchestra for the first time. The Orchestra was made up of a banjo player, a guitar, 2 flutes, 1 clarinet, sax, drum set, 2 trumpets, and 2 keyboards. That was from 2 - 5:30, then the ensemble practiced actually making music to our song "something just broke".

We put in a lot of work on it, and I know today I can practice it during my voice lesson today.

Then from 7 - 12:30 we had a rehearsal called Que to Que. This is when the actors collaborate with the designers of the show (lights, sound, props) by going over the transitions in between scenes. We were thankfully warned that it would take a long time. It was especially intense because the assassins in the play have had guns the whole time during rehearsal, but this time there were blanks in it.

I had never seen a gun with a blank shoot before. It really puts me on edge, which is the effect the director of the play was really going for. It is going to be a very powerful play. On the playbill apparently they said that people under the age of 13 are not allowed. FUN

No comments:

Post a Comment